Certificate in Applied Project Management
Dates: October 3-11, 2022
Meets: M, Tu and W from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Location: Akron Campus, Polsky Building 550Q
There are still openings remaining at this time.
Would you like a roadmap for efficient and successful project completion? Project management is a systematic process used to initiate, plan, execute, control, and close a project to meet defined objectives. The University of Akron has offered the Certificate In Applied Project Management class for over fifteen years. We are conveniently located in the heart of downtown Akron, which provides a central location to those who reside in Northeast Ohio. With over 20 years of experience, our instructor will give you the knowledge you need to complete projects of any size.
This comprehensive program matches your enterprise needs with data from the Project Management Institute's Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), giving participants specific options for reducing costs while improving delivered project value.
Program format and content are based upon:
• Your unique project needs
• Application of real world experiences of front line project managers and team members
• A Guide to Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®Guide)
This course uses both academic theory and practical application to provide:
• Working knowledge of tools and methods available to project managers, including computerized analysis of network models to aid in the planning and control functions
• A foundation of project management skills with an emphasis on the 5 Process Groups, 9 Knowledge Areas, standards and guidelines
• Practice in selecting and using the concepts, techniques, and decision tools available to project managers
• A basic understanding of the importance of work breakdown structures and networks to planning, scheduling, and controlling projects
• An awareness of potential conflicts and problems that can occur on projects
Who Should Attend this Program?
This program is designed for individuals who are new to project management, working project managers, managers, and project team members who wish to advance their service capabilities through exposure to formal project management methodologies.
• Develop and utilize a formal project methodology.
• Enhance credibility for yourself, your team, and your company.
• Apply proven PMBOK®Guide structure to existing and future projects.
• Understand and mold the roles of project stakeholders.
• Enhance project results through better process focus.
• Fine-tune your project communications potential, for yourself and your company.
|Course Fee (Basic)||Tuition||$1,399.00|
Akron Campus, Polsky Building 550Q225 S. Main Street
Akron, OH 44325
Alan PlastowAlan L. Plastow, MAT, PMP is a highly experienced project management & executive management professional. He has directed projects in Fortune 100 enterprises within the aerospace, manufacturing, technology infrastructure systems, and service industries since 1993. As a serial entrepreneur, Plastow has successfully created 7 companies as well as designed three of the world’s leading technology portfolio management credential programs. Plastow is a published author and sought-after professional development speaker, having presented materials for American Institute of CPAs (AICPA), National Property Management Association (NPMA), Financial Executives International (FEI), Computer Associates (CAWorld), Information Systems Audit & Control Association (ISACA) and other national/multinational venues. Plastow specializes in real world, applied techniques, delivering speaking and developmental topics ranging from project management, contract negotiations, human and organizational change management, stakeholder analysis and engagement, risk analysis and mitigation, IT infrastructure management, IT systems portfolio management, team building, and corporate copyright compliance assurance. Al also utilizes his project management competencies as a Search & Rescue Specialist, rated by the National Association of Search and Rescue as well as the Mountain Rescue Association.
|10/03/2022||Monday||8:30 AM to 4:30 PM||Akron Campus, Polsky Building 550Q|
|10/04/2022||Tuesday||8:30 AM to 4:30 PM||Akron Campus, Polsky Building 550Q|
|10/05/2022||Wednesday||8:30 AM to 4:30 PM||Akron Campus, Polsky Building 550Q|
|10/10/2022||Monday||8:30 AM to 4:30 PM||Akron Campus, Polsky Building 550Q|
|10/11/2022||Tuesday||8:30 AM to 4:30 PM||Akron Campus, Polsky Building 550Q|